My game site is up and running at anothersunrisegames.com

I have always wanted to setup a game web site that I could put all my favorite games on, share with my friends, and just be able to say "check out my game site". I put this off for years on end, but I finally gave in and started creating the site on my server. You know that little voice in the back of your head that tells you not to do these things? Well if I had listened to it I would not have Another Sunrise Games. Yeah it was a ton of work, and still is to some extent, but its up, it's running and I get to say "Check out my game site!".


When I first started out creating a site, I hard coded an html page that loaded the swf file of each game individually and them created a blurb under the image from a text file. This was a pain to manage, and even a bigger pain to update. When a  new game came out you had to FTP it to the folder, edit the text description file, and then add it to the page. I had done this with about 200 games when I realized I was done. I couldn't keep this up.

All Iwanted was a pretty easy and self sufficient site that I could mess with. I had looked around at scripts and templates that did it for you and honestly they were stupid expensive for this project. I wasn't going to make a fortune from a gaming site. If you think your going to, you are delusional. Most scripts start at around $50 and go up. then if you want to put it on more than one site they tell you to buy one license for each site.

Most of the sites I develop anymore are Word Press based. You don't get much easier than that. I stumbled across this plugin for wordpress called "MyArcadePlugin". It was $25 for unlimited use on as many sites as I want. This seemed fair so I bought it. I loaded a quick word press site, then added the plugin and wallah! I have a gaming site. No it wasn't really all that simple, but it isn't terribly hard either. Just take your time and follw the setup steps, and explore every inch of the admin panel and you'll be up and running in no time.

Now all I do is download the games, review them and publish them in batches of 50 to 200 at a time. I have around 1500 games so far and am adding to it just about every day. So if your wanting a gamin site thats affordable and pretty self sufficient, then MyArcadePlugin is for you. Check it out here.

Good luck and happy gaming.

Comments